Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Getting old...

There are days when I can't believe how old Jon and I are getting ...How can I possibly be less than 2 years from 30 years old? How is it possible that I graduated from high school 10 years ago? It feels like just yesterday that I was roaming the halls of SHS with the Pink Stars linked in a chain playing "linky or you stinky." Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I had one of those "I'm so old" weekends. That's probably because we spent some time in Hudson for Jon's 10 year high school reunion.

Along with lots of Barlow family time, we spent tons of time with Jon's high school friends and some of our college friends. We started the weekend off by meeting up with the Hudson boys and their wives (the babes stayed with their grandparents) at Barkers, a classic Hudson establishment. We chatted about old times and caught up on what is new in everyone's lives. And there are a lot of new things going on...New jobs, new houses AND a baby on the way for Chris and Tara! YAY! I can't believe how successful Jon's high school friends have become. That group of guys includes a doctor, dentist, lawyer, chiropractor, computer guy and chef/brewmaster/winemaker. They are pretty amazing!

These are Jon's buddies from high school.
Bill, Nick, John, Jon, Chad and Chris
I think I this is the same pose they did on graduation day in their robes!

The next day was the reunion, which I was more excited about than Jon. I just like to see where he came from and what he was like before I knew him. The reunion was at a cool venue...It was in a cave! The cave was cold though, so we stood outside most of the time. In the end, I think Jon was glad that he went, as he was able to catch up with some friends that he hadn't seen in a long time.

We ended the weekend with a brunch with a bunch of our college friends who now live in the Cities. There must have been 12 or 14 of us there, plus 4 babies. It has been about 6 months since we have seen most of them and it was our first time meeting the two baby boys. It was great to see those friends and their new additions too.

These are the 4 Badger Babies: Kylie (9 months), James (5 months), Caleb (almost 2 months) and Alexis (1 year).

Me, Kylie and Jon down by the river in Hudson.


No comments:

Post a Comment