Monday, February 7, 2011

Celebrating Kylie!

Some of us admiring Kylie (left) and Alex (right). For those of you who don't know these people but have heard me talk about them by their nicknames, this is (from left to right) Hacker, Bac-T and Bilbo. Jon is the one who is sitting.



On Saturday, a group of our friends from college and Jon's high school came to Rochester to celebrate Kylie! We were originally going to do this before she was born, and then when she was still in the hospital, but nothing seemed to work out until now. We met at Green Mill for some good food and great company. The service was really bad...I think we waited an hour for our food which came in 2 shifts that were 20 minutes apart. Within the group were a couple of nursing mamas and one very pregnant friend, so needless to say, the hormones took over and we were raging mad in our hunger state! Although I don't know what was said exactly, I have a feeling that the manager got an earful. But it didn't reallllllly matter because as Kate said so perfectly, "They were lucky that we truly enjoy each others' company or we would be really mad!"
Kylie also put on quite the performance for her new friends. This was her first outing to a public place, so I packed what I thought was more than enough "stuff" for her. I dressed her in a cute, little outfit and packed a second one just in case something happened. Well...Something happened...3 times! She numbered-two'd on outfit #1...I'm talking blow out! But no biggie. I changed her into cute outfit #2. Ten minutes later she number-two'd again on outfit #2. Now what?! I had no more outfits with me...So, I wrapped Kylie in a blanket (hence the look in the picture below) and Jon ran home. He came back with a plastic bag filled with several outfits and numerous diapers. We put cute outfit #3 on Kylie...This time she spit up all over. Not just a little white, wipeable spit-up. No, this was a large amount of black-tinged, iron supplemented spit-up. Believe me...It stains! Oh well...This is just the story of the life of the mother of an infant!
Me and Bac-T (Kristin) with our babes!



It was a really fun day with amazing friends and great conversation! We are so blessed! Thank you, friends, for the shower, the gifts and making the trip to Rochester! We love you!


Lastly, Saturday was also our nephew, Elias' FIRST BIRTHDAY! I can't believe he is one already! I just wanted to give him a shout-out! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELIAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment