Friday, February 4, 2011

Our Little Big Girl


Kylie is growing and changing everyday in many ways. The most obvious change is her weight...She had another weigh in on Tuesday, February 1st! Incredibly, she is up to 10 pounds and 12 ounces. Our little girl is HUGE (to us)! I'm not sure on her length, but she is filling out her 0-3 month clothes, so she is definitely growing in that department too.

She is also experiencing a second "growing up" change in her life. She has officially moved into her nursery. She spent her first full night in there last night. She was awesome! The reason we decided that now was the time to move her is because we started Kylie on a new routine...Thank you Reba and Babywise! It's basically a 3 hour cycle in which she gets 30 minutes to eat, 30-60 minutes to "play" and 120-60 minutes to sleep. It's like the quilt that Ingrid made for Kylie: "Eat, Play, Sleep, Repeat." The only exception is during the night she is allowed to sleep until her natural awakening, but no longer than 5 hours. Supposedly, this routine will help her learn how to sleep 7-8 hours through the night within the next 8-12 weeks! I really hope it works, because I just cannot imagine what it feels like to sleep more than 3 hours in a row...It's been a long time!

On another note, Jon and I switched roles for 5 days last week. I went back to work for the week (Long story short: I have to work 10 more days this school year for my third probationary year to count and hopefully receive tenure.), and Jon stayed home with Kylie. Jon really enjoyed his time with his little girl, and it seems like they have really bonded! Work was good too...We cross country skied (my favorite unit), and played floor hockey! The kids were very sweet. Maybe they missed me?! Some of them even showered me and Kylie with lots of little gifts! Whoever said middle schoolers were selfish was wrong...Mostly! :) I have such great students! As much as I enjoy my job, however, I really, really, REALLY enjoy being home with Kylie! My mom job is awesome!

Other than that, we don't have a whole lot going on right now. I am just hanging out with Kylie during the day while Jon slaves away on this busy rotation. We are starting to look forward to our time in Florida! We are definitely not going to miss this cold weather! I can't wait to get outside and go for a run with Kylie in her stylish jogging stroller!

I've posted a recent picture of Kylie in a little outfit that Jon bought...Notice what it says, "I love Daddy!"

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Kylie on sleeping and eating well! That is so neat the Jon and her got that time to bond together and I think it is so cute that he bought her that outfit. Glad your week at school went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad the new routine is starting to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! Kylie is so cute! I just want to squeeze her! I hope you like the new routine. We LOVED it, but I don't need to tell you that. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete