Wednesday, May 21, 2014

San Antonio!

This month has picked up the pace on the busy-ness scale, but we are loving it! This past weekend we packed up and headed south to San Antonio, Texas for a three day visit with our friends, the Hartzlers and the Strykers! It was a jam packed weekend of fun in the sun...Just the way I like to vacation! :)

We started out with some crazy rain in Philly, which delayed our flight by an hour. Not bad, except that we missed our connection in Dallas by about 10 minutes. We were a little worried that we might have to rent a car and drive the 5 hours to SA, but thankfully it all worked out. We were magically put on the next flight, which was just an hour later.

We arrived to the Hartzlers' house in the middle of the afternoon, put the kids down for a nap, and enjoyed some cool, southern adult beverages and homemade tacos on the patio! It was perfect...Just as I imagined! Later that evening, Catherine came over with her kiddos, and though the three of us haven't been all together for almost 2 years, it felt as if we had never been apart! I love that about great friendships! :) It was the same for the kids as well. They hugged and started playing as if they had seen each other yesterday!

Saturday morning, Rob and Sari made delicous rainbow colored pancakes for everyone, and then we headed out to watch Witten and Kinsley play soccer. I didn't get to watch a whole lot, because my own little 18 month old thought he needed to be on the field as well. So I spent most of the game wrangling him, but the little I did see was very cute! I love pee-wee sports!

Saturday evening we went to a BBQ restaurant that had a playground attached to it. Seriously, this is the best invention ever. The adults can sit back, eat, drink, talk, and watch their kids all at the same time. The kids can run and play, and everyone is happy. The food was good too!

On Sunday, we enjoyed some church time, and lunch at another restaurant with a playground attached! I guess it's common down there. That evening, we wanted to check out some of the tourist attractions. We visited the Alamo...and by visited, I mean, looked at it. We also had dinner at a Mexican restaurant on the Riverwalk. The food and margaritas were amazing! I want to eat there everyday! The Riverwalk was very cool too!

We took the kids back home around bed time, put them to bed, and enjoyed a few more hours of friend time. Monday morning, it was up bright and early to the airport and another long day of travel. We made it back to Philly around supper time, ate and put the kids to bed an hour early. Brooks slept for 13 hours, and I woke Kylie up after 14 hours! They were exhausted...I think that's a good sign of a wonderful vacation! When Kylie woke up on Tuesday morning, she said, "I want to see my friends all day and all night, all by myself." Me too, my sweet girl. Me too! :)

We loved visiting with the Hartzlers and Strykers. It made me miss seeing my friends on an everyday basis! It was so much fun! Thank you for hosting us and showing us a great time! We WILL be back again soon!

 Sipping drinks on the patio.
Notice the longhorn!

 Cute, baby Hugh!

 Reunited!

 The kids are getting so big.
Witten, Aubry, Kinsley, Kylie, and Helen

 Can you tell she enjoyed her Blue Bell ice cream?

 Breakfast time!
Hugh, Brooks, Kylie, Helen, Witt

 Rob and Jon enjoying some man time.

 These two!

 There was a balloon animal guy at the BBQ restaurant.
The kids sat so patiently as they each had a balloon made for them.

 Sari and I drinking our Shiner beers by the Shiner sign.

 Jon reading bedtime stories to two of his favorite girls!

 This tortilla chip was heart-shaped.
Only in Texas!

 The Alamo!

 Dinner at the Riverwalk.
Brooks, me, Sari, Jon, Kylie, Helen, Witten, Rob, Hugh, Catherine, Cade

 Just chilling in a hammock.
Witt, Kylie, Helen, Hugh.
Brooks was not having it.

 Friends!
Catherine with Cade, me, Sari

 Candid of Jon at the Riverwalk.

 Three amigos.
Helen, Kylie, Witt

 Checking out the baby duck.

 My sweet girl!

 Witten and Kylie.

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! It looks like y'all had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me teary! Miss you all so much!

    ReplyDelete