Friday, March 22, 2013

Gotta' Love This Crazy Life!

I think this pattern of craziness is becoming our new normal! We packed up our house and moved into my parents' house in Stewartville, all while dealing with an extremely emotional two year old. On top of that, Jon spent much of his free time preparing a presentation for a big, important Orthopedics conference, which he then left us to attend. At first, I thought Kylie was upset about moving (and I think she was a little), but soon I realized that she actually had an ear infection. So my super independent little girl, has now become overly clingy. I'm hoping it's a short-live phase because it's hard to watch your child get upset every time you leave her sight. Although, I seem whiney (and I am because I'm tired), I wouldn't change anything about this crazy life. I am thankful that we sold our house, and that we have somewhere to live temporarily. I am so thankful that I have two, sweet children, even though they aren't sleeping as well as I would like. And I'm thankful that Jon is so hard-working, and that he provides for our family! We are blessed!

3/12/13
Mmm...Our last meal in our house. 
After this, all of the dishes, pots/pans, and silverware were packed!

3/13/13
And the packing frenzy has begun!

3/14/13
These bar stools are apparently worth the big bucks.
The people who bought our house came up a few thousand dollars to our counter-offer because we were willing to include these stools in the sale!

3/15/13
I love these self-portraits of Kylie.

3/16/13
Moving Day!

3/17/13
Saying good-bye to the house!
It was bittersweet to leave our first house.
We are so happy to be moving on, but sad that this wonderful house is no longer ours.

3/18/13
Helping Brooks practice his sitting skills!

3/19/13
It may or may not be obvious, but Kylie had only slept about 2-3 hours the previous night.
At this point, I still thought she was off from the big move.
Soon, I realized that she probably had an ear infection.

3/20/13
Brooks catching up on some sleep with his arm straight up in the air.
We were all tired because in our small sleeping quarters, when one doesn't sleep, no one sleeps!
So after another semi-sleepless night for Kylie, we headed to the doctor.
Not only did she have an ear infection, but a perforated ear drum.
Supposedly, it's not as bad as it sounds...It's just nature's way of releasing the pressure.

3/21/13
Kylie started feeling better after some medicine and a full night's sleep!
She just loves this Badger hat...Too bad it didn't help them win in the NCAA Tournament! 

3/22/13
Brooks enjoying some TV time with mama during Kylie's nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment