Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Kylie is 27 months!


Some pictures of our Kylie Girl at 27 months!

Sweet Girl!

She looks a little tired because she had just gotten up from her nap.
But she still humored me with a photo session! 


WOW! Kylie is growing up so fast and still changing and developing at such a rapid rate. She learns new things EVERY.SINGLE.DAY! Most days I can hardly believe my ears as she says the funniest things. Two word combos that have come out of her cute, little mouth recently are, "thumb toe," when talking about her big toe, and, "hair soap," when talking about a product that I was putting in my hair! So cute! :)

Kylie is becoming very independent and opinionated. She seems to have an opinion on everything. I would go as far as to say that her favorite word right now is, "nope." I can no longer ask her to do things, I have to tell her instead. If I ask, she almost always says, "nope." Little stinker. Her favorite toys are her crayons, books, shopping cart, and princess shoes. She has these little high heels that she wears around the house all the time. It's really sweet to watch her walk around in them. In January, she had lost her phone privileges because she broke my screen, but she recently got them back. So she has a new found love for the phone! She can totally run it on her own...She looks at pictures, watches videos, and plays games. It keeps her entertained for long periods of time. The trick is getting it back when I need it! :) She loves her little brother, and often pretends to take care of her babies like I care for Brooks. She feeds them bottles, changes their diapers, tries to dress them, and calls them, "baby boy," and, "little man." She also likes to be "naked," which is really down to a diaper. She can take her pants and socks off on her own, but usually needs help with her shirts. I am typically able to keep her fully clothed in the mornings. But since she naps with her pants off, it is nearly impossible to convince her to get dressed in the evenings. She also likes to go potty in her potty chair. She likes to eat her meals in her big girl chair (the bar stools in the kitchen). She likes to watch, "movies," especially Elmo, Dora, and Barney. She enjoys chasing Huey and wrestling with dada. She likes playing with her friends, especially Witt, Helen, Ella, Annabelle, and Halle. She LOVES gymnastics. She asks to go to "nastich" every day. She is extremely polite. She says, "please," "thank you," and "sorry" at least a hundred times per day! I love that!

She is still pretty easy going that there are not too many things that she blatantly dislikes. Like I said above, she doesn't really like being clothed. She takes her pants off several times a day! :) She also doesn't like to share her toys (what 2 year old does), but she is pretty good at sharing other kids' toys. A recent development is that she no longer likes to be strapped in the stroller. She always wants to, "walk." She does fine as long as the stroller is moving, but as soon as I stop she wants to get out. So when we are shopping, I can't really browse slowly unless I am willing to either listen to Kylie whine or let her get out and run free. This could pose a problem this spring when I start to run outside again! I guess it will be further motivation not to stop! :) No water breaks or shoe-tying stops!

As for her milestones: She has changed sooo much over the past three months. She is talking more and more everyday. She says two and three word sentences, and sometimes more. She knows hundreds of words, and her vocabulary grows everyday. When Jon comes home from work, he always asks if Kylie learned a new word. She almost always has. She is learning her colors. She knows pink, white, and black consistently. She gets, "red" right about 50% of the time. If she doesn't know the color, she always says, "blue." She is also learning some letters. She can identify B, C, D, E, H, K, M, and O. She is learning how to count. She can usually count to three. After three, she says, "four, five, seven, eight." I guess she doesn't like the number 6. She likes to sing songs. Her favorite right now is, "Happy Birthday." She is loving going potty in the potty right now. I need to start potty training soon, but I just haven't worked up the energy quite yet...Maybe that will be our goal for her 30 month post! :) She is learning some new motor skills, especially at gymnastics. She runs, jumps, marches, kicks, walks on her tip toes, bear crawls, hops like a frog. She can do a table pose, straddle, pike and tuck positions, and forward rolls. She listens well to directions, but likes to go either first or second when she is told to go. She also loves to jump in the foam pit. She is a good dancer...She moves her hips back and forth and actually has good rhythm. I have no idea where that comes from! :) She continues to be a great eater. There are definitely foods that she won't eat, but she likes several foods from each food group. I'd say her favs are peas, corn, green beans, broccoli, apples, grapes, peaches, pears, mandarin oranges, milk, cheese, bread, ravioli, lasagna, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pizza, grilled cheese, macaroni and cheese, and, of course, cookies, candy and cake! :) She is also an awesome sleeper. She sleeps from about 8pm-8am and naps from about 1:30pm-4:00pm. She is stilling wearing 2T clothes, but I just bought a few 3T things for next year only to discover that they fit pretty well right now! :) She wears size 6 shoes, but can also fit width-wise into size 7. She is now officially wearing size 5 diapers. I'm hoping the next transition is into big girl undies!

Kylie is such a sweet, kind, loving, beautiful girl! I can't believe how awesome she is, and that I am partly responsible for creating that! I can't imagine how I could love her any more than I do right now, but I'm sure I'll find a way to love her even more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment