Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Craziest.Week.Ever.

To put it mildly, last week was a wild week! The pictures will tell the story, but in short, on top of having a toddler, an infant, and a house on the market, both Kylie and Jon were very sick, the house sold, and our furnace was possibly leaking carbon monoxide forcing us to vacate the house!

1/24/13
 Before the chaos!

1/25/13
 Me and my little boy!

1/26/13
 My 30th birthday!
My mom watched the kids so Jon and I could have a date night.
We went out to eat and to a movie!

1/27/13
Brooks is 2 months old today!

1/28/13
 And the the wild week begins...
We signed a purchase agreement to sell our house at 10am.
By 2pm, Kylie had thrown up several times, and Jon fainted at work.
He hit his head when he fell and had to go to the ER.
By the time he got to the ER, he was feeling very ill with muscle aches, chills, and nausea.
I wasn't sick, but at this point we thought I might catch the bug too, so Jon recommended masks.

 1/29/13
 The ice on the tree from the ice storm the weekend before...
Jon stayed home from work for the first time ever due to the illness.
Kylie and Jon both slept about 20 hours!

1/30/13
My new obsession!
 I have been watching Downton Abbey on the Ipad while my patients sleep their illness away.
Jon stayed home another day from work.
And the GI bug continued to work its way through the system!

1/31/13
 I needed this boy's smile today!
Kylie and Jon were still terribly ill four days after the sickness started.
The inspection on our house was today, and we were supposed to leave for it.
Since Kylie was sick, I couldn't go to anyone's house during it for fear of infecting them.
We went to the mall instead with the plan of keeping her strapped in the stroller so not to spread germs.
While at the mall, Kylie began to have diarrhea.
I changed her diaper, and went to buy Brooks a new outfit.
As I was walking through the store, Kylie became agitated and I noticed an awful stench.
Sure enough, another episode of the runs!
I went to the bathroom to change her only to discover I only had Brooks' diapers with me.
So I put Kylie in a diaper that was 3 sizes too small.
I decided to check out and get out of the mall as soon as possible.
As I was checking out, Kylie again became agitated.
I look down only to actually see the diarrhea spewing out of the diaper and down her back.
It dripped on the floor...The cashier gave me the stink eye!
We ran back to the bathroom to change Kylie again.
There were no more diapers left.
So I fashioned a burp cloth into a diaper and stripped Kylie down to a pair of jeggings and her winter coat.
I loaded her into the stroller and ran to the car...We made it!
As I was driving home, I received an email that our furnace was cracked and likely leaking carbon monoxide.
I was told that it wasn't safe to stay in the house.
We had to find somewhere to stay with a sick toddler and man.
So to Hudson we went...

2/1/13
 The house is officially off the market!
We had to buy a new furnace, but it still made my day to see the sold sign!
And Kylie was back to her old self again! YAY!

2/2/13
 This is what time Brooks woke up!
He slept from 10pm-6:27am!
I felt very refreshed!

2/3/13
 Elias' birthday is on February 5th!
Here he is posing with his gift from us...wrapped in a Target bag! :)

2/4/13
 Jon had to work on Monday, so we moved from Hudson to The Farm until the furnace could be replaced!

2/5/13
 My big boy had his 2 month well child appointment today with Dr. Molly!
He weighed in at 12 pounds, 9 ounces...64th percentile!
The new furnace was put in today, and we were able to move back home! YAY!

2/6/13
Kylie started her second session of gymnastics today!
She did amazing and loved every minute of it!
And hopefully the craziness of the past week and half has finally subsided.

2 comments:

  1. Emily! I'm sure it was a crazy week but your post made me laugh! It all seems to happen at once...you will be so glad you wrote this down when you look back in 10-15 years!! Hope the next weeks bring a lot less chaos for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Gosh...that is the CRAZIEST week. I can't imagine the mall scenario...glad everything is back to normal!

    ReplyDelete