Saturday, March 24, 2012

Jon's Birthday

Jon's birthday was back on March 10th, and it was a beautiful spring day. Kylie and I wanted it to be his day so we did our best to let him choose all of our activities for the day. :) He started out by sleeping in until about 9:30-10:00am. I know he would have preferred to sleep longer, but I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to waste his whoooole day sleeping. We met friends for a picnic and adventure at Oxbow Park. It was a little windy, but everyone seemed to have a good time. We even enjoyed some yummy birthday cupcakes made by Erica!

Our little family in the parking lot of Oxbow!

The guys in front of the wolf cage: Chris, Jon and Brandon.
For all of you Twilight fans, they creatively named the wolf, Jacob.

The girls: Kristen and Halle, Erica and Annabelle, and me and Kylie.

After lunch, we came home so that Jon and Kylie could nap! :) Once Kylie woke up we headed up to Hudson so we could spend some time with Jon's family...and there was only one bump (or maybe two) on the way up. First, Kylie apparently wasn't feeling 100% because she threw up in her car seat when we were about half way there. So, like champion parents, we remained calm and stopped at the nearest gas station for an outfit change. I took Kylie and cleaned her up in the bathroom while Jon did his best to clean the car seat. This is where bump #2 comes in...Somehow in my packing rush, I forgot to pack clothes for Kylie. So, poor, little Kylie had to ride the rest of the way in her pajamas on top of plastic Kwik Trip bags. This might seem like no big deal, but the reason this was a semi-emergency was because we were supposed to be meeting Jon's parents for dinner at the Lake Elmo Inn, and we were running late. I envisioned my daughter sitting in a fancy restaurant in fleece, footy pajamas (that smelled a little bit like vomit) and just did not feel right about it. Thankfully, Jon's parents were able to stop by the nearest Target to pick up a new, adorable outfit (or two) for her. So, except for the smell that was lingering in our car, everything turned out well! Dinner at the Lake Elmo Inn was amazing, and Kylie was an (almost) perfect angel! After dinner, we ate some of Jon's mom's world famous carrot cake, and spent the night in Hudson so we could visit with them some more. We loved spending time with Jon's parents, and I think Jon really enjoyed his birthday!

I wish I would have taken more pictures of Jon's b-day, but I forgot...I'll do better next year for the big 3-0!

1 comment:

  1. Your story of the car trip had me giggling! Glad everything turned ok! :)

    ReplyDelete