Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Fair!

The three little girlies at the fair. This is Kinsley (Catherine and Louie's daughter), Kylie, and Ellasen (Rebecca and Tim's daughter).

Today was a BIG day in the life of Kylie! She got to go to the Olmsted County Fair for the first time ever! But if she is anything like her mama, it was just the first of many, many, MANY trips! :)

It was a wonderful day for the fair. We (well actually just I) ate lots of fried fair food. I had a delicious corn dog, tasty cheese curds, and yummy mini donuts! All of my favs! After we ate, we visited many different animals such as goats, sheep, rabbits, chickens, horses, and cows. Before we left, we stopped by the "Miracle of Birth" exhibit and witnessed a baby calf being born. It was a little disturbing, and not just because the vet used both of his full arms to pull the baby out. This calf may or may not have survived because she was upside down in her mom and swallowed lots of fluid before she was born. She was in respiratory distress after she was born, and we left before she recovered. I am just going to believe that she made a full recovery. Other than the calf mishap, it was a fun and successful first trip for Kylie!

And don't you worry...We're headed back for more! We LOVE the fair!

Kylie was thoroughly enjoying herself at the bunny exhibit!

Again, she is really loving the pigs!

I had to post a pic of the goats...My favorite fair animals!
I can't wait to own two of my very own!

A couple of sheep dressed up in their 80's Richard Simmons dance spandex!

No comments:

Post a Comment