Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Whole Lot of Nothing!

The littlest pink star!

Jon, Kylie and I have not been up to whole lot lately. Mostly, Jon has been working and Kylie and I have been hanging out at the pool, beach and apartment.

Jon just finished the longest call weekend in his history as a doctor. I'm 110% sure there are millions of people who have it worse than Jon, who work longer and harder, who don't see their spouses/families for weeks, months and even years. But I have to vent for 10 seconds...Jon left the apartment at 6am on Friday morning and we didn't see him again until 11:00pm on Sunday night. Now, we have gone much longer without seeing each other before, but it seems to make it harder when there is a chance that we might possibly get to see each other and then don't actually see each other. Anyway, the weekend is over and I am done complaining. He's happy to be busy at work...He likes his job! And that's good!

Jon and Kylie taking a dip in the pool!

Kylie has been spending her time sleeping, eating, lounging on the floor, sitting in the bumbo, and playing in the exersaucer. She is still happy! I do think she is starting the teething process though. She is starting to drool A LOT, and she has been having a few more moments of fussiness. She likes when you press on her gums, and she is chewing on everything! Hopefully, she'll pop those teeth through without too much trouble, but I don't have my hopes too high!

I got this little owl rattle for Kylie because I thought it was so cute!
I think she loves it too...Look how she fell asleep holding onto it!

I have been enjoying my time by walking and running (I just signed up for another half marathon in August), reading, cooking (for real!), cleaning (a little), and hanging out with Sari, Witt and Helen by the pool or at the beach. I have had 2 new, but boring, developments in the last couple of weeks.

First, I had an unfortunate event on Sunday! I am completely dependent on my BOB (our jogging stroller) for hauling Kylie around...Sadly, it broke! I thought they were indestructible! I was running with Kylie, 2 miles from home, and one of the back wheels just stopped spinning. I was able to pry the wheel out and the entire axle was stripped...WHAT?! I have no idea how that happened. I half pushed, half carried the stroller (with Kylie in it) the 2 miles back to our house. That was quite the chore, but we made it! I was REALLY angry on Sunday, and I completely isolated myself from all people except Kylie (sorry, Sari!) for fear that I would have an angry, irrational outburst. Luckily, I was able to reach a BOB representative and they will be replacing the broken parts! YAY!

You can see how the axle is completely stripped!

And now the wheel doesn't even fit back into the hole!

Second, I have become slightly obsessed with figuring out how to save money now that I am not making any! I spent all of Saturday afternoon studying up on how to cut my grocery budget in half. I read blogs on couponing, menu planning, and collecting freebies! I made lists and I'm going to give it a go once we get back to Rochester. Supposedly it takes about 3 months to get really good at it. I guess the hardest part for a lot of people seems to be putting in the time it takes to cut coupons, check fliers and go to multiple stores. I don't think that is going to be the hardest part for me...I have time. The most difficult part for me is that this is going to actually require me to cook!!! We'll see how it goes...I'll keep you updated!

That's about it! I continue to take ridiculous amounts of pictures of The Bean, so I've posted some of the new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment