Monday, June 20, 2011

Riverside Arts Market and Father's Day

Our little Barlow clan at the Riverside Arts Market!


We had a wonderful Father's Day weekend down here in sunny Florida! Our fun-filled, family weekend actually began on Friday. Jon was given the day off (YAY!) and his mom was in town for business (double YAY!). Jon and I both got to do some of our favorite things! Jon got to sleep in and I got to go for a run sans stroller! :) We had lunch at our fav, The Loop, and walked around San Marco Blvd. to peek in the shops and stare at the beautiful houses on the river! After Kriss left, Jon, Kylie and I hung out and watched, "Get Him to The Greek." It was pretty funny...We had a good laugh!

Saturday, Jon and I both went for a run. I went first while Jon stayed with Kylie and then Jon went after I returned! I LOVE that Jon is taking up running. I dream of the day when we can go for a run together! :) After we were all cleaned up, we headed out to meet the Hartzlers at the Riverside Arts Market for a little lunch and some browsing. There were lots of cute booths (clothes, art, flowers, jewelry) and some Florida-type fried food (think fish tacos, shrimp, and more). It kind of reminded me of Thursdays on First in Rochester, expect in was under a huge bridge next to a river. I recommend it for all future Jacksonville visitors! Saturday night, Jon and I watched another movie, "The Wrestler," before calling it a day.

The Barlows and Hartlzers!
That's downtown Jacksonville in the background.

Kylie hanging out with her daddy!

On Jon's first Father's Day, Kylie and I wanted to show him that we appreciate everything he does for us. That he is an amazing father and incredible husband. That we are so thankful for all the sacrifices he makes so that we can stay home every day. So Sunday was Jon's day! He slept in again...I think sleeping is on his top 3 favorite things to do list! :) Kylie and I made him breakfast in bed and gave him his super cute card after he woke. We watched Rory win the US Open and mostly just hung out and had a low key day. It was relaxing and rejuvenating. After forcing Jon on many excursions down in Florida, I think he really needed a relaxing day at home!

Kylie in her "Daddy's Princess" PJs. This is just before we gave Jon his breakfast and card!

Jon with his baby girl, card (with Kylie on it), and breakfast! (Slightly inappropriate...Sorry for posting this, Jon. I was just so proud of the breakfast!)

We hope all you wonderful dads had a perfect Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment