Friday, May 13, 2011

Amelia Island!

We have been out of commission without internet access and on a vacation away from our vacation! This past weekend (and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday), we spent some agenda-free time in Amelia Island with Jon's parents. Amelia Island is about 45 minutes north of Jacksonville, so it was an easy drive for us. The weather was warm and wonderful...Perfect beach weather! We stayed in a two bedroom, two bathroom condo right on the beach...Literally 100 yards from the ocean. We had a beautiful view, and it was so calming to just sit and enjoy the sound of the waves. We spent our days walking on the beach, going to yoga class, relaxing with drinks in hand, eating at great restaurants, and enjoying each others' company. Kylie loved receiving a lot of extra love and attention from her grandparents! There were many memorable moments, so I'll share a few of them. One highlight of the vacation was having the Hartzlers up for a visit on Sunday. We had a nice Mother's Day/Doug's Birthday Brunch with them in the condo courtesy of Kriss. After brunch, the waves looked perfect so we hit the beach for some boogie boarding time. Another highlight for me was going to two different yoga classes with Kriss. The first was at "The Plantation Resort" and it was up in a tree house. The second class was at "Dome Healing Center," and it was a little hippy-ish, but I was sore afterward so it must have been a good work out. We also went out to eat at a couple of restaurants in Fernandina Beach...Both were excellent! I had some fried shrimp and fried chicken (clearly I love fried food). I also really enjoyed walking along the beach searching for shells, crabs, and starfish. The time went way too fast, but we all had an amazing time. It was a much-needed vacation!

WARNING: Lots of pictures!!!

I had to include this picture because I love this little outfit with the matching shoes and headband!

Doug and I hanging out with Kylie under the umbrella! Kylie is wearing the swimsuit and hat that my parents got her for Easter. Sooo cute!

Jon and I at the beach with the beautiful ocean waves in the background!

Jon and Rob showing off their boogie boarding skills! The waves were perfect!

Kylie was so comfortable with Grandpa Barlow that she feel fast asleep!

I got a little smile from Kylie at the ice cream shop!

Jon and Kriss enjoying their ice cream cones!

Our little family in Fernandina Beach!

All three of us enjoying the ocean!

Here is Kylie sitting in the ocean with daddy!

I painted Kylie's toenails pink to match mine! She looks so cute...I love it! :)

1 comment: