Friday, March 27, 2015

Sweet, Sweet Spring!

For as crazy slow as it felt like this winter crept by, March has flown by at an equally crazy fast rate! The weather has been nicer, we've been traveling, and the pace has just naturally begun to pick up for us. Count this as fair warning: There are lots of pictures to follow of our most recent adventures...

Dancing with daddy!

Snow painting.
This idea came from Pinterest.
I am so thankful for Pinterest. It has helped us to stay sane when we are cooped up!

A couple more preschool charts.


Jon went to a friend's wedding at the beginning of the month.
The kids and I stayed behind, but sent our love via picture.
Brooks refused to get out of the box, so we just went with it!
That's how we roll!

Playing at the mall.
It was crowded and crazy, but when they're happy, I'm happy!

Having a tea/cooking party with "Cocoa Doggy" and "Poopy" (aka: Snoopy in Brooks speak).

Our sweet and generous friends gave us tickets to the OSU vs. Wisconsin basketball game.
It was really fun, but quite a dilemma for us.
Despite what my t-shirt conveys, I cheered for both teams! :)


We celebrated Jon's birthday with dinner out and cake at home!

We have had a few warm days with temps in the 60s.
We love being able to be outside!

At first, Brooks did not want to wear his helmet, but by the next day he didn't want to take it off!

We have enjoyed some play dates with friends.
The older girls love to play dress up.
Sometimes Brooks and Claire get in on the action too!
Brooks said, "Me cowboy boy."

We went to the zoo!

These are the older kiddos riding together on the train at the zoo.
L to R: Kylie, Annie, Cristian

The brown bears were very playful!

Loving the aquarium.

We've been back to the park a time or two.

The kids and I traveled back to Minnesota/Wisconsin to visit with our families.
My mom and dad also watched the kids so that I could take a girls' vacation to Austin, Texas.
I so needed that...and I am SOOOO grateful that I was able to go!
(More to come on that.)

The kids had an Easter egg hunt.
We were going to have it outside, but mother nature had other plans.
Ten inches of snow fell that day, so we moved indoors.

Super Grandma and Kylie.

My mom (sporting her birthday crown), Brooks, and my dad.

Brooks was very proud of his tall tower.

Brooks and Kylie sitting in the mayor's seat.
Don't worry, the mayor is my dad, and he didn't mind! :)

Kylie and I put together this craft from Super Grandma.
She said "this is the best Valentine's birthday decoration ever."
Whatever that means.

While we were in Hudson, Grandpa Doug was tending Tony and Ingrid's chickens.
Kylie and Brooks did a great job helping out!

I hope spring has started out equally as sweet for all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment