Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Visitors!

We have been enjoying having lots of company over the last few weeks. First, my mom and Aunt Nancy drove out for a week with us. We had some fun adventures including a trip to the zoo, shopping at an outlet mall, going on a field trip to a "pumpkin farm," and visiting old Dublin. Jon's brothers, Greg and Tony, also visited on two separate occasions. Greg had an interview, so we mostly just showed him around and went out to eat. Tony and Jon were able to enjoy an OSU football game, which was freezing, but fun! The weekend after that, Jon's parents came for a quick visit. We hung out around the house, tried a couple of new-to-us restaurants, and went to our first OSU basketball game. We truly enjoyed all of our visitors! We can't wait to have more!

At the zoo we...
Brushed the goats.

 Sat on a moose.

Watched the elephants.

Got up close and personal with a gorilla.

And posed with a gorilla statue.

We went to the "pumpkin farm" for Kylie's preschool field trip.


Brooks lined up some toys.

We went to the outlet mall and rode some rides.



Brooks bumped his head at Chick Fil A and had this monster goose egg and a bruise to match.

I ran my 13th half marathon while my mom was here.
I set a new PR (1:42:52), and I have to record it on the blog as proof that I actually did it because I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do that again.

Jon and Tony all bundled up for the Buckeyes football game.

Kylie and Brooks helped Grandpa Doug fix a few things while he was here.
Here they are checking out the fireplace.

We also went to our first OSU basketball game with Jon's mom.






No comments:

Post a Comment