Tuesday, January 28, 2014

31 is FUN!

Well, I guess I am officially well into my 30's. I turned 31 on Sunday, and Jon and the kids spoiled me all weekend long. It was wonderful! 

On Saturday, the 25th, we went bowling! It was the first time that Kylie had been bowling and she loved it! She used the gutters and ramp, and she loved everything about it! She was into it the whole time, and wanted to play more when we were done! That's always a good sign! Saturday evening, our friends, Joe and Catherine, had us over for dinner. It was fun to catch up with them over a delicious meal!

On Sunday, my actual birthday, Jon made a yummy scrambled eggs and toast breakfast. Then we headed over to the Franklin Institute, a science museum, to meet up with our friends, Ashley and Matt and their girls. After the fun at the museum, we ate an ice cream lunch at Franklin Fountain, which is a famous ice cream shop here in Philly. I had something with peanut butter and brownies in it...It was delicious! I joined a women's volleyball league with one of Jon's co-workers, and Sunday evening was our first game. We played a double header. That was 2 full hours, and 6 full games of volleyball! I haven't played since before I got pregnant with Brooks, which was about 2 years ago. We played pretty well together, and won both of our matches! Needless to say, however, I am SUPER sore! The whole weekend was amazing, and a FUN start to 31!!

Bowling!

This is how Brooks enjoyed the bowling game!
He was happy to be snacking for an entire hour!

It's difficult to see the final score, but I won by 1 point! 

My birthday breakfast on Sunday morning!

Playing at the Franklin Institute!



Brooks, the fighter pilot!

Thank you to all of my family and friends who called, texted, FB messaged and sent cards for my birthday! It was a great day, and I feel so blessed to have you all in my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment