Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Memories!

Jon, Kylie and I had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. On Saturday, we tried to go to Como Zoo, but as soon as we arrived, the sky opened up and the rain started pouring. So, we went with plan b...We headed to the Mall of America instead. We didn't do too much shopping, but we met up with Jon's parents for an early anniversary lunch at Twin Cities Grille. We had a great time!

Jon was on call on Sunday, and it was smoking hot outside. Kylie and I hit up the swimming pool in the morning...Kylie HATED the cool water, but I am hoping that she will eventually learn to love it. She clung to me the whole time, which was fine, because I didn't have to chase her around. We just sat in the shallow water and watched all the people enjoying themselves. After Kylie's nap, we brought supper to Jon and then headed out to the farm for our Sunday tradition of visiting with the relatives!

My dad riding in the parade!

 Mr. Mayor giving his Memorial Day speech.

On Monday, Kylie and I went down to Stewartville to watch my dad (or "ba-pa") in the parade and give his annual Memorial Day speech (He's the mayor). I thought this year's speech was fantastic as usual, with much emphasis on the reason for the day, remembering our veterans. After the program, we had brunch at my parent's house and visited with many of our friends and relatives. Afterwards, Kylie was exhausted, so we headed back home for her nap. Then, in the evening (after both Jon and Kylie were well rested) we went to a grill-out at a friend's house. Kylie enjoyed crawling around and playing with Annabelle and Halle! It was another great day!

Kylie, Halle, and Annabelle on the swing!

Kylie and Jon eating delicious homemade ice cream!

We had a beautiful, fun weekend and we are so grateful to all the service men and women who have made that possible for us! Thank you, veterans, for all that you have sacrificed for our wonderful country!

No comments:

Post a Comment