Sunday, November 20, 2011

Quilts and Crafts!

Quilting, well fake quilting really, has become a hobby of mine over the past couple of years. I have my Grandma King and my sister-in-law, Ingrid, to thank for that...They are both crafty and creative and inspiring to me! Anyway, over that past couple of weeks, I have made 3 new quilts. Two of them are gifts for my friends who just had babies, and one is for a friend's sister who is due in November.

Danielle had baby Sydney in July, but they have been in Florida. Sydney has a lot of giraffes in her nursery, which is why her quilt is also giraffey. This was a new pattern I got from my grandma, and I think it is adorable! I hope Syd loves it too!


I am taking care of a fellow orthopedic resident's brand new baby boy full time. His name is Jacob and he is a handsome little guy. I made this quilt with him in mind. Both of his parents are residents and I felt like these preppy fabrics were perfect for their little man!


Lastly, my friend, Melissa, asked for a blue and brown quilt for her soon-to-be baby nephew. I already had some of these beautiful fabrics from a previous quilt so I was excited when she asked for blue and brown. I love this color scheme. If I have ever a boy, he will definitely have a blue and brown nursery! I forgot to take a picture of it, but trust me, it was cute!

More recently, I have started to make ruffle skirts and applique onesies, along with a few other crafts. Sari (an EXTREMELY crafty friend of mine), Rebecca (a headband-making queen) and I had a craft fair the other night, in which we sold many of our new and old crafts! We had a fun and successful night! I just love the feeling of watching other people lovingly look at my stuff. It gives me a serious sense of accomplishment! These are some pictures of our table!



This is my sewing art...It's called a Scrappy Christmas Tree, and it sold right away!

These are the ice cream cone onesies that I made for Kylie and Ellasen's Birthday Party!

If you ever want to order any of the things you have seen on this post, just send me an email and I'll be happy to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment