Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Homemade Foaming Soap

While reading one of the 'frugal living' blogs (Money Saving Mom) that I follow, I spotted a post on how to make homemade foaming soap. I love foaming soap, and I usually spend too much to buy it at Bath and Body Works, so I figured I'd give it a try. And let me tell you, it is probably the easiest thing I have ever made! I think it might even be too easy to be called "homemade." You should all give it a try....

You will need...
1. An empty foaming soap bottle. I used one of my old Bath and Body Works bottles.
2. Two Tablespoons (about 30 squirts) of a liquid hand soap. I used Method brand, Cucumber scent.
3. Water.

Put the 2 tablespoons of liquid soap into the empty foaming soap bottle. Then add water and gently swish back and forth until the soap and water have mixed (do not be aggressive with the mixing or you might end up with a sudsy mess). Finally, give the soap a squirt and enjoy your new, homemade foaming soap.

On the right is the liquid soap.
On the left is the finished product... It foams!

I love this because it is super easy and it's a money saver. Two tablespoons of liquid hand soap can now last weeks rather than days! :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment